Google Screened

Employment Discrimination Attorney in New Jersey

Posted on: May 25, 2017

The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination protects employees of New Jersey from unlawful
discrimination in the workplace. The law makes employers held accountable in the case that they
discriminate against employees based on factors such as age, sex, religion, skin color, sexual
orientation, or marital status.
The law protects not only employees in the state of New Jersey but also people seeking
employment. The law holds all employers, labor organizations and employment agencies
accountable. Unfortunately, independent contractors are not covered by the NJLAD.
If you’re unsure if you’re covered by the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, please call
our team of experienced legal professionals today at 888-355-4752.
Filing a Discrimination Claim
You can file a discrimination claim with either the state administrative agency, the New Jersey
Division on Civil Rights (DCR), or the federal administrative agency, the Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
If your workplace has between 1 and 14 employees, it’s advisable that you file with the DCR,
because the EEOC only covers workplaces with 15 employees.
Filing with the DCR is not required to pursue a discrimination claim in court, but if you lack an
attorney, the DCR may be able to assist you in resolving your claim without filing in court. DCR
complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date you believe you were discriminated against.
Call our team of Freehold attorneys today at 888-355-4752 to see if you need to file your case in
Contact Ellis Law If You’ve Faced EmploymenDiscrimination
Being discriminated against in the workplace without a valid reason is a serious issue. If you’ve
dealt with an employer who discriminated against you due to your race, religion, sexual
orientation, or any other factor that was irrelevant to your work performance, you might have a
legal case against your employer. Call our team of legal professionals today at 888-355-4752,
and we’ll help you sort your issue.