Neptune City Personal Injury Attorneys
Our team of lawyers are experienced in all areas of the law, including:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Workers’ Compensation Claims
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Juvenile Crimes
- And more…
Our law office is located in Freehold, just a 30-minute drive from our Monmouth County neighbors in Neptune City.
If you are a resident of Neptune City and seek representation for any case related to personal injury or criminal law, call us today at 888-355-4752.
Neptune City Workers’ Compensation Claims
If you’ve been injured at work, you may be eligible to receive workers’ compensation benefits from your employer. Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Herbert I. Ellis can guide you through the process of workers’ compensation and help you prepare any required documentation and paperwork.
If you’ve suffered a workplace injury, you should immediately take these important steps in order to obtain your workers’ compensation benefits:
- Consult a primary care physician and schedule a physical examination as soon as possible.
- Obtain a referral from your physicians in the case that your injuries require a medical specialist.
- Photograph the injuries.
- Document any treatment, including prescribed medications, that were used to treat the injuries.
- Request physical copies of tests, including x-rays and blood tests.
- Contact your workplace’s human resources about starting benefits.
- Save copies of all communication between you and your employer.
Workers’ compensation benefits generally come in three forms: lost wages, medical fees, and vocational rehabilitation or retraining. Generally, you will receive compensation for lost wages equal to roughly two-thirds of your gross wages, averaged from a period just before your injury or illness. Customary and reasonable medical fees are also covered.
If you’ve been injured at work and need legal representation, contact our attorneys today at 888-355-4752.
Neptune City Juvenile Crimes
If you’ve been charged with a juvenile crime, a criminal defense attorney is only a phone call away.
Our attorneys at the Law Offices of Herbert I. Ellis have represented many juveniles who have been unfairly charged by the courts, and have successfully reduced their fines or sentences.
Juveniles are entitled to the same constitutional protections of adults, including:
- The presumption of innocence.
- The right to confront witnesses.
- The right to compulsory process.
- The burden of the State to prove all elements of the offense charged beyond a reasonable doubt.
- The right to testify.
- The right to not testify.
Charges against juveniles are heard and decided by a judge alone, with no help from the jury. Juveniles who are placed in detention awaiting trial don’t have a right to release on bail.
If you’re a juvenile and you’ve been convicted of a crime, or you are a parent of a child seeking a criminal defense attorney, call us today at 888-355-4752.