Burn Cause Statistics
- According to the American Burn Association, roughly 450,000 patients receive hospital and emergency room treatments for burns each year.
- 44 percent of all admissions to burn centers results from fire or flame burns.
- 33 percent of all burn center admissions result from scalding injuries caused by wet or moist heat.
- 9 percent of burn center admissions are from those who had direct contact with a hot source.
- 4 percent of burn center admissions are from those with electrical burns.
- 3 percent of burn center admissions are from those with chemical burns.
- 7 percent of burn center admissions are caused by miscellaneous sources.
Simple Tips for Burn Prevention
- Install smoke detectors in your home.
- Stay in the kitchen while cooking.
- Don’t cook when drinking alcohol or tired.
- If you have to smoke, do it outside of the house.
- Never use extension cords for air conditioners.
- Tell your kids not to play with lighters or matches.
- Take caution when using a grill on a deck.
Call a Burn Injury Lawyer Today
1. We Assemble Your Legal Team
You will be assigned a team of seasoned attorneys and dedicated support staff who take the time to listen to you and learn every detail about your accident. Your team will be available 24/7. You will never be left in the dark about the status of your case!
2. We Investigate
Next, we collect all available evidence including medical records, insurance policies, police reports, witness testimony, dashcam footage, security video, and more. We will thoroughly investigate all available evidence to build a solid case.
3. We Demand and Negotiate
We will then send a demand letter to the other party stating the facts of your case and the amount of compensation sought. We will negotiate aggressively to strike the best deal as fast possible, without going to court.
4. We Litigate When Necessary
If negotiations do not produce the compensation you deserve, we will go to court. We are trial lawyers, fully prepared to litigate on your behalf!
5. You Do not Pay Unless We Win!
We have a track record of success. You will never pay a fee for a personal injury case unless we win. CONTACT US TODAY!