Toms River Car Accident Lawyers
A car accident can change your life, especially if you suffer serious injuries. The aftermath of a car accident can cause financial hardship, affecting the entire family due to expensive medical bills, lost wages, and property damage. If you suffer injuries in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
At Ellis Law, our Toms River car accident lawyers understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll imposed on families after a car accident. We believe that negligent drivers should be held accountable for the harm they inflict on others, and we fight tirelessly on behalf of our clients.
Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Personal injury claims are complex and can take years to resolve – time that you should be recovering from your injuries rather than fighting insurance companies. Hiring a car accident lawyer gives you peace of mind that your claim will be handled correctly and that your rights remain protected throughout the process. An experienced lawyer can do the following:
- Investigate the accident scene, review police reports, and interview witnesses.
- Consult experts when appropriate.
- File all necessary documents.
- Correspond with other parties, attorneys, insurance companies, and others.
- Negotiate with insurance companies.
- Advance the case along as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Represent you in court if the case goes to trial.
Ellis Law provides top-notch legal services. Following an accident, you need a lawyer to protect your rights and best interests. Our decades of experience and extensive knowledge have afforded us a successful track record, obtaining millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you file a claim, taking action at the accident scene can significantly benefit your case. Following an accident, you should do the following:
- Call the police and report the accident
- Request emergency medical responders if anyone is injured.
- Photograph the scene, including the vehicle damage, injuries, weather and road conditions, signage, and lighting.
- Ask witnesses for their contact information, and gather statements.
- Always seek medical attention within 48 hours of the accident. Symptoms from specific injuries do not present for hours or days but can be life-threatening if left untreated. The doctor’s report is also a crucial element of your claim.
- Maintain all records and related correspondence.
- Consult an experienced lawyer regarding your options.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Claim?
New Jersey’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years from the accident or date of death in wrongful death claims. You have six years to file a personal property loss claim.
About Toms River, New Jersey
In Ocean County, Toms River, New Jersey is a vibrant coastal community in the heart of the Jersey Shore region. It is home to the Ortley, Normandy, Monterey, Ocean, Chadwick, and Silver beaches. The area suffered significant destruction in the Sandy storm surge in 2012.
Toms River is one of the top 20 safest cities. The area has served as a backdrop for many popular television series, such as Boardwalk Empire and Jersey Shore, and was the filming site of the original The Amityville Horror movie.
Toms River Car Accident Lawyers at Ellis Law Fight for Clients Injured by Reckless Drivers
Car accidents can have devastating outcomes. Injuries can leave you with medical debt or the inability to work. If you were injured in an accident with a reckless driver, speak with our Toms River car accident lawyers at Ellis Law. Call us at 732-308-0200 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. Located in Freehold, New Jersey, we serve clients in Asbury Park, East Brunswick, Toms River, Middletown, Jersey City, Long Branch, Neptune, Hudson County, Union County, Essex County, Monmouth County, Marlboro, and Ocean County, as well as Brooklyn and New York City.